York is well served by public transport.
- By rail it is:
- On the East Coast Main Line, just under two hours from London
- Around 80 minutes by rail from Manchester, 2.5 hours from Edinburgh or Glasgow.
- By road:
- York is well served by coaches from all major UK cities.
- By car, York is 20 minutes from M1 J44. The hotel has parking at £18/day on a first-come-first-served basis.
- By air:
- Leeds Bradford (LBA), Manchester (MAN), Doncaster (DSA) and East Midlands (EMA) are the closest international airports
- Heathrow (LHR), Gatwick (LGW) and Luton (LTN) are near London, but rail transport to York is convenient if a little expensive
- By sea:
- Ferries from Rotterdam or Zebrugge (Bruges) to Hull travel daily. From there, a bus is available to Hull Rail Station.