Due to generous sponsorship from Opengear, we are pleased to announce the FLOSSUK 2012 Conference Grant to encourage students in computer science and related courses to attend and participate in the UKUUG 2012 conference, 21-22 March 2012, Edinburgh, UK. We encourage all students to apply.
One person will be chosen from the applicant pool to receive:
- free registration for the main conference (Accommodation not included).
- up to 400 GBP for travel costs and accommodation (to be claimed back from UKUUG after the event).
To be eligible for a conference grant candidates must:
- Be a student studying Computer Science or relevant course
- Attend both full days of the main conference
- Be over eighteen
How To Apply
To apply send, no later than February 29th 2012, an e-mail to email@example.com with the subject heading 'FLOSSUK 2012 Conference grant' containing:
- your full name and email address
- current address and contact phone number
- 1-page statement (around 500 words) about why you wish to attend UKUUG 2012 and why attending is important to your research and/or future career
Winners and claim process
The winners will be notified by e-mail by March 5th 2012. If you are a successful applicant, you will be sent your free ticket and a payment form to expense your travel contribution, to be completed and submitted after the event.